Introducing the new Q8 Sinan – Specialty compressor lubricant
Q8 Sinan is the latest addition to Q8Oils’outstanding range of specialty compressor lubricants. The Q8 Sinan is a specially designed high-performance synthetic lubricant based upon polyalkylene glycol (PAG) technology and has been developed for hydrocarbon and chemical gas processing compressors.
Apart from the fact that the product has outstanding thermal and oxidation stability features, one of the main benefits is the fact that, because it is PAG based, the product is not easily absorbed into the gas stream and therefore lubricant dilution is minimized. High resistance to gas dilution of the lubricant ensures proper lubricant viscosity is maintained, thereby ensuring adequate oil film thickness and efficient compressor lubrication.
- Q8 Sinan can be used in both rotary and reciprocating compressors in which the lubricant is in continuous contact with the gas.
- Q8 Sinan is suitable in combination with a wide variety of gases including:
- Hydrocarbon gases like methane, ethane, propane and butane
- Hydrocarbon chemical gases like ethylene, propylene and butylene
- Chemical gases like vinyl chloride, butadiene and ammonia
Interested in the new Q8 Sinan?
- Excellent protection against wear
- Low gas solubility which results in extended lubricant life and improved compressor efficiency
- Specifically developed to give excellent thermal and oxidative stability
- Suitable for a wide range of gases therefore simplifying the lubricant inventory
- Outstanding protection against corrosion
- Good low foaming tendency
Note: Be careful if switching from mineral based to PAG based lubricants. These lubricants should NOT be mixed with mineral oils and a complete drain, flush and refill is required prior to use.
From our expert Joris van der List
After working 8 years in the Q8Research institute in Rotterdam, Joris van der List joined Q8Oils in 2011. Next to being Technical Sales Manager, he is expert in the Energy segment and has a background in mechanical engineering.