Q8Oils PALUB: technical support with a human face
Product Applications LUBricants, is the technical service of Q8Oils. Here you can find five enthusiastic experts with a passion for the industry. Please do not hesitate to contact them for information concerning product applications, specifications, safety requirements, and much more.
The PALUB team works closely with local technical specialists in the UK, Italy and Sweden/Denmark and answers can be provided in Dutch, French, English, German, Bulgarian, Russian and Arabic.
PALUB consists of four main business segments. All PALUB team members are specialists in their own business segment but can also answer general questions thanks to their broad knowledge and experience within the group.
David De Mesmaeker
This segment covers questions concerning the use of oil in engines and transmissions of heavy duty vehicles and passenger cars, as well as motorcycles. Earth-moving equipment and agricultural tractors belong to this segment as well.
Vincent Blackman & Joris Leyers
General Industry is responsible for oils and fluids used in hydraulic systems, industrial gearboxes and circulation systems. In addition, demoulding oil, oil for the food industry and greases belong to this segment as well.
Alex Maltchev & Vincent Blackman
Go to the Energy sector if you have questions about gas engine oil, turbine oil, marine engine oil, and compressor oil. The majority of the advice provided in this segment is about oil analysis, because some engine guarantees are often associated with regularly taking oil samples.
Questions about water-soluble and/or pure metalworking oil, for both machining and forming processes, as well as rolling oils are so specific that Palub first makes a pre-selection, which means they are able to resolve 80% of the questions quickly. The other 20% are discussed with international colleagues who work with metalworking products on a daily basis.
Joris van der List
For questions about the general management of this service, please talk to Technical Service Manager and lubricants jack of many trades: Joris van der List. Joris has been working for Q8 for over 14 years in a variety of functions, ranging from scientist at KPR&T in Rotterdam, to Product Line Manager for the Energy segment.
Junior Sales Engineer
The newest member of PALUB, Ismail Madrane, is focussing on providing technical support to the German market. Ismail is a certificated Master in Science, specialized in mechanical and process engineering and with experience in the aerospace industry.
What do they do?
First and foremost, this service is obviously designed to provide advice where necessary. The team has extensive knowledge of the current product portfolio, new products that are being introduced, as well as the existing and upcoming market specifications. They also often provide extensive advice on the oil analyses (QRAS and LIMS) that have been carried out.
In addition, this service also acts as an intermediary between the development laboratory (KPR&T) and the customer. The service allows knowledge from the laboratory to be shared with the customer, and market information from the customer to be shared with the development laboratory. This is a clear case of cross-pollination.
They also support the sales team when visiting companies and distributors. This is the main reason that PALUB team members are often on the road to meet a customer. In this case, the telephone service is staffed by a colleague.
The PALUB team provides training to direct customers and distributors, as well to the customer service. They do this at the home locations in BPA (Blending Plant Antwerp) and KPR&T, as well as during local sales meetings, or at the customer’s location. This involves training on new products and/or applications, as well as providing training to newcomers in the oil market.
Next, there is a technical area within the scope of PALUB: the maintenance of certain tools that also are available for the customers: Olyslager Lis, Cross list, Technical IRIS and Q8Oils University. Do you have any questions about these tools? Please do not hesitate to contact them.
The marketing department can also count on the knowledge found within PALUB: this service can support Product Data Sheets, the development of brochures, translations (FR, NL, DE), and the creation of labels for large packages.
How do they do this?
Well, of course, PALUB has a number of tools. This means they use a number of practical tools, such as Olyslager LIS, QRAS analyses and BNL/LIMS analyses. Furthermore, they can always go to the Q8Oils research centre and speak to the business development managers who are busy with their product segment day in, day out.
But the best and most important tool in the hands of PALUB? Very simple: their own experience. Because by simply using the experience from within the team, it is possible to find a solution for every situation and difficult question.